Adding to my Lowrance system

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Adding to my Lowrance system

Postby Twhite » Tue May 30, 2017 7:26 pm

I am adding to my Lowrance system and have a question. As background, my current system is a HDS 12 Gen 3 linked to a HDS 9 Gen 3 through an Ethernet cable also 4G broadband radar. I have added the Sonic Hub2 with the Sirius weather and radio module. My issue is that both of the Ethernet ports on my HDS 12 are already full with the link to the HDS 9 and the Ethernet cable from the Radar interface box. I have audio, but in order to get the Sirius weather I am guessing I need to find a network expansion box for the Ethernet connection. Does this sound right? Any help would be appreciated.
Twhite
Pollywog

Re: Adding to my Lowrance system

Postby Nelly » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:37 am

You're exactly right TW,
You're going to need an NEP or Network Expansion Port unless you have an open port on the Structure Scan module.
One final thought, look on the back of your HDS 12 Gen3 and there could be an extra port on it as well.
Good luck and happy networking! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Adding to my Lowrance system

Postby Twhite » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:12 am

Thanks Nelly, the NEP is on order can't wait to finish this upgrade to my system.
Twhite
Pollywog

Return to Boat Owners Forum