Lowrance Elite TI series

A forum for boat owners or aspiring boat owners wanting to discuss boating, boats, equipment, electronics, insurance, maintenance, and more.Image

Lowrance Elite TI series

Postby Bobberdoggin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm looking at replacing my Hummingbird 587ci and this new Lowrance series seems to be at the right price point. Plus I like the idea of the TotalScan transducer. Is the sidescan practical for Puget sound fishing? If I were to stick with one transducer how does this new transducer design compare to an airmar P66? Also, any idea when the Elite TI series will be available in stores? It would be nice to be able to see one in person before pulling the trigger.

I primarily fish Puget sound, with some river, lake and ocean. I would be mounting this on a Rogue Marine Scrambler outboard jet.
Bobberdoggin
Pollywog

Re: Lowrance Elite TI series

Postby Dan Carney » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:38 am

Hey Bob...
I thought someone else might chime in here, but here is my two cents. The Elite series are good intermediate units. I fished for 5 years with an Elite DSI unit. I was very happy with it and used it in the Sound, fresh water lakes and rivers. I upgraded to a Gen3 HDS unit when I bought my new boat this year, love it. Side scan is great, although I'm still getting proficient with it. I'm not as familiar with the TI unit. I suspect they will have them in the Lowrance booth at the boat show where you can check it out in person. Hope this helps.
Dan Carney
Pecker Trout

Postby Bobberdoggin » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback Dan. When I talked to some distributors, it sounds like they won't be available in stores until May. Good idea with the boat shows, hopefully they will be on display.
Bobberdoggin
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:37 am

Hey BD,
Hope you can look me up at the Seattle Boat Show and we can go through a whole PILE of electronics info!
You're on the right track with that Airmar P66 'ducer though.
It's a solid unit that's a very economical upgrade from many standard transducers!
See you at the Seattle Boat Show!
My Weldcraft will be at the Evinrude booth and I'll be there every day! cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Boat Owners Forum