Coho in the Straights!!

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Coho in the Straights!!

Postby grizz80 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Sorry, but not sure I believe all the hype about a not so good Coho return this year!!!!! Fished (legally with Canadian license) twice this week just over the border out of Port Angeles, caught more and larger fish so far these past two trips than we did all last Coho season. Who knows, maybe the fish aren't on our side and staying just over the border lol Catching the fish anywhere from the surface down to 90', can't wait until October when we can keep one un-marked Coho, they should be thick and long by then, did notice the eggs today from one of the fish were big and juicy, haven't seen that in a while!!!. 15-20 fish today, fishing at 7 and done by 9, thank you Canada!!
grizz80
Pollywog

Re: Coho in the Straights!!

Postby Nelly » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm

There sure seems to be a bunch of coho around -enough certainly to open the Lake Washington system- and as luck would have it, we're having the new owner of Van Riper's in Sekiu, Glenn Teeter.

Glenn's got his finger on the pulse of the Canadian coho fishery and it's just a mile and a half farther than the Sekiu crew usually runs! spy
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Postby grizz80 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Maybe he can comment on his counterpart's resort (Olsen's, Mason's I think ) if it's for sale, I heard a rumor the tribe submitted an offer but wasn't accepted. Is the rumor true or not?
grizz80
Pollywog

Postby dnmalsom » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:14 am

I fished Clark Point and Indian Village on the 10th targeting Nooks and ended up having to release 5 beautiful Coho. Hard to believe we have restriction on the Coho when the grocery stores are selling "Locally caught Coho" in their seafood dept. Gee, I wonder where those came from???
dnmalsom
Pollywog

Postby Nelly » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:06 am

I hear you D,
It's been a very frustrating year but as least there will be a bunch of coho eggs in the gravel this fall. rockon
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports