Lake Stevens

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Lake Stevens

Postby pcorazao » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:10 am

Last year I was listening to the outdoor line about this time and there was a Kokanee bite on Lake Stevens.

When all this weather hit last week I figured maybe that triggered the bite again. I ran out to the lake and fished at 6am - 9am. I started at 75ft because that is the magic depth I consistently saw on the forms from other guys fishing the lake.

Once I marked a few around 35ft and saw fish jumping around 7am, I got off the down rigger and put out four colors of lead line and immediately hooked up on 3 fish.

Used a wonder bread dodger, kokanee assassin lure, shoe peg corn, can tuna oil and kokanee feast.
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Re: Lake Stevens

Postby Nelly » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:25 pm

Hey P,

The early fall can -and usually does- trigger a period of increased activity in our area lakes.

After the dog-days of summer, the cool days of fall offer reduced surface temperatures and increased dissolved oxygen levels.

In addition, the decreased light levels of autumn's shorter days allow many species -both forage and predator- to come out of the shadows and depths that they've been hiding in all summer long.

I'm glad that you took advantage of this annual phenomena and will keep it in mind with all of our area lakes and the many diverse species that they inhabit these habitats. cheers
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Re: Lake Stevens

Postby pcorazao » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:23 am

Got three nice kokanee and a flathead catfish out on Lake Stevens 10/8. Trolled 35 ft down on the rigger and used a pink kokannee assasin to get the job done.
Kayak Angler
pcorazao
Pollywog

Return to Fishing Reports