MA12 - Hood Canal Blood Bath!!!

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

MA12 - Hood Canal Blood Bath!!!

Postby SlumRunner » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:46 am

Big thanks to Tom and the crew on the Outdoor Line. I didn't give up after my first outing on Hood Canal. I decided to give it a go again and launched at Seabeck and made the 20 mile run South to Adyock Point. There were about 20 boats fishing there. Saw fish jumping everywhere, Kings, Bright Coho, and Chums that were already turning. Landed my first king, about 8 lbs around 8:30am. Then it slowed down for the next 3 hours. Decided to just relax, fire up the bbq, and cook some hot dogs. After fueling up, we back to it. I found a school of fish and just keep hitting them. I wasn't going more than 10 minutes without a fish on. Nice silvers that put up a hell of a fight. Got my limit in about 45 minutes. I wish I had more time to keep fishing, it was lights out silver fishing. Made the run back north and put the boat on the trailer. The wind started to pick up which made things more challenging. I don't recommend the launch, but its the closet from my house in Gig Harbor and I made it work. Fish checker there said fishing has been pretty good, she weighed in a 20 lber on Saturday. Will be back out there over the long weekend. Also, all fish were caught in 20-40 feet of water. Leave the downriggers at home gentlemen, it's a banana weight type of fishery. Spoons, hoochies, bait busters, didn't really seem to matter much! Glad I put in my time to learn this fishery, it was an absolute blast!
Attachments
IMG_2198.JPG
IMG_2198.JPG (35.34 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
IMG_2186.JPG
IMG_2186.JPG (34.2 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
IMG_2181.JPG
IMG_2181.JPG (30.3 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
IMG_2179.JPG
IMG_2179.JPG (12.94 KiB) Viewed 3802 times
SlumRunner
Pollywog

Re: MA12 - Hood Canal Blood Bath!!!

Postby Nelly » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:00 pm

Nice work and thanks for posting the report!
I know what's for dinner at your place!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports