Skykomish Summer Kings and Steelhead

Saltwater and freshwater fishing reports!

Skykomish Summer Kings and Steelhead

Postby Fish365 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Here is an update for the Skykomish River. Since the June 1 opener fishing has been good. We have been finding fish from the lower river (Nordstrom's drift) all the way up to the Wallace drift. Interesting enough more kings this June than I have seen in past years and less Steelhead. A lot of wild fish both in Kings and Steelhead. I would look to July for more Steelhead to show up. Fish are nice in size. We have had mid 20's in Kings and upper teens in wild Steelhead. It is definitely worth being on the water!

Eggs are my go to bait and I do a lot of free drifting. But do not discount some other bait options, such as sand shrimp. While a hotter egg tends to produce more salmon, I have found the salmon are hitting my steelhead eggs.

The boat launches are difficult, but running the river is manageable if you know where you are going. The snow pack is good and I have high hopes the river will allow us to fish through the end of July. If you have not been on the Skykomish in a few years a 6.5 gauge height (at Gold Bar) may seem low to many of you.

Good Luck!

King2017b3OL.jpg
King2017b3OL.jpg (240.83 KiB) Viewed 7158 times
Attachments
King 2017A31OL.jpg
King 2017A31OL.jpg (231.17 KiB) Viewed 7158 times
Doug Saint-Denis
Ridge to River Outdoors, LLC & 365 Charters
http://365charters.com
Fish365
Pollywog

Re: Skykomish Summer Kings and Steelhead

Postby Nelly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:19 am

Hey Doug,
Welcome aboard and thanks for the report and pics!
Looks like the Sky has been nothing short of great for you and your clients!
Keep up the good work and keep the reports coming!
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle 6-9am Every Saturday!
Nelly
Spawned Out Boot

Return to Fishing Reports