Baby Showers

This forum is for all the things we do in our every day lives outside of fishing, hunting, and the outdoors.

Baby Showers

Postby adipose clipper » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Two pieces of advice for a guy thats been married less than a year

1) One don't take advice from people that have been married less than 10 years. They mean well, but are still in training.

2) If you like your favorite pole in one piece attend the shower and be thankful it is not in the fishing season. You will learn a bunch of new things after your childs birth.

boat for sale, baby needs new shoes, mom wants new house

ac
adipose clipper
Pollywog

Re: Baby Showers

Postby Robbo » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks for the great advice AC :)

I mentioned it to Nelly during the break and the next thing you know we're yakking about baby's showers the rest of the show. Funny stuff :)

Here's some of the advice I received while on the air:

Karen
"The prospect of a baby shower, for a guy especially, may seem uncomfortable, but for your wife, all the attention goes to her - and to have you there will help diffuse that attention to make HER more comfortable. All the guys I've talked to have been very uncomfortable with the idea, but afterwards felt it wasn't as bad as they thought, and they actually had a very good time. Ask the host to invite ALL the husbands! We did that for our daughter's shower, and they had a great time. Good luck!"

Andy Chacharon-Spyro's Gyro's in Des Moines
"No self respecting man - especially one that produces the 'nagging wife' commercials would show up at a baby shower.
My baby was married this weekend a nd many of my Greek relatives came to town. We'll miss Tolbeck. Andy"

FivesRLimit
"Dude your scaring me. Don't listen to Karen. It's like Monty Python in "The Search for the Holy Grail"..."Run Away, Run Away!" BTW, my boys think you should fake sick to get out of the baby shower"

Hilarious :D :D :D
Prince of Wales Sportfishing
Craig, Alaska Saltwater Salmon and Halibut Charters
http://www.princeofwalessportfishing.com
The Outdoor Line on 710 ESPN Seattle
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby adipose clipper » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:51 pm

my good friend,

I will provide you with some insight the rest of us that have been married for many years have.

Go to the shower or

hear about it for YEARs to come.

Think about the broader pic of things your wife will ask you to do in the future.

now you have trading material

and you owe me one

ac
adipose clipper
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Okay...okay :D

So Nicole and I went to Babies R Us yesterday to register for said shower. She referred to the experience as Shock-and-Awe. My gawd...that place was insane. They didn't have any of that stuff when we were kids. One entire wall was full of just binkies. Overwhelming to say the least :shock:
This thingy-ma-jigger quacks to make them go potty. Gotta have this one just for the entertainment value :)
potty_web.jpg
potty_web.jpg (60.24 KiB) Viewed 16813 times
50 different kiddo carriers to choose from and then we had to make sure it would work with the BOB...and on the bow of the driftboat :)
carrier_web.jpg
carrier_web.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 16813 times
Pallet's of Pampers. Please deliver these to....
diapers_web.jpg
diapers_web.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 16813 times
Little AVA will get her own room, and our room, and the living room, and the rec room, and the entire house for that matter :D
ava_web.jpg
ava_web.jpg (64.44 KiB) Viewed 16813 times

Layed awake until at least 1 a.m. last night wondering if we registered for the right binkie...and whether she'll fish, hunt, play hoops, volleyball, softball...LOL :D
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Fivesrlimit » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:51 pm

Dude, imagine what I walked out of there with after we found out we were having triplets. Insane! There were two employees pushing these industrial size carts full of stuff out to our car. The baby seat isle. Total nuts! The pallet of diapers, actually done that. After 17 years of marriage and 5 kids later I only have one piece of advice. Change every diaper you can before your daughter goes on solid food. After that, "run away, run away". Everything else is gravy. (oh, except baby showers)! Fives
Fivesrlimit
Pollywog

Postby Robbo » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:29 am

One baby was overwhelming enough...I couldn't imagine having to shop for 3 newborns at the same time. Schnikeys man! They'd be smart to build a bar inside Babies R Us where the guys could swill beers, do shots, and tell fishing lies. The place would be FULL of guys!

I purchased one of these for the solid food years :D
gasmask.jpg
gasmask.jpg (67.87 KiB) Viewed 16794 times
Robbo
Grand Poobah

Postby Mingo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:17 am

Robbo wrote:One baby was overwhelming enough...I couldn't imagine having to shop for 3 newborns at the same time. Schnikeys man! They'd be smart to build a bar inside Babies R Us where the guys could swill beers, do shots, and tell fishing lies. The place would be FULL of guys!

I purchased one of these for the solid food years :D
gasmask.jpg

LMFAOROF!!!!! rofl

Robbo, I was in high school when my youngest sister was born. BIg sis was already out doing drugs and messing ##it up so GUESS WHO got stuck babysitting while the 'rents were out partying? Yep. Changed my share of diapers. Enough to make me NOT miss doing it as a dad. I'm here for ya brother. Get that Hazmat suit.............it will come in handy.

Love ya Gringo Grande! cheers
Mingo
Pollywog

Return to A Day in the Life