Help Me Enjoy a Premium Cigar!!

This forum is for all the things we do in our every day lives outside of fishing, hunting, and the outdoors.

Help Me Enjoy a Premium Cigar!!

Postby Salmonhawk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:18 am

Please take a moment to write your legislator and urge them to vote to pass SB 5542 and HB 1717 if they are brought for a vote. This gives a select few businesses to open cigar only lounges if they meet some stringent requirements. This would boost revenue to the state and give people like myself the opportunity to enjoy a legal product. My letter is below, feel free to use it as an example. Here is a link to find your legislator: http://www.leg.wa.gov/pages/home.aspx Forward this to as many likeminded friends as you can think of.

I was fortunate enough to be able to testify before the house Committee last week concerning HB 1717. Unfortunately business keeps my away from testifying before the committee regarding SB 5542. As a consumer of premium cigar tobacco I miss the days of being able to enjoy one of my favorite pastimes of having a premium cigar with some of my friends within the confines of a nice cigar bar. I have many fond memories of my days playing for the Seahawks and celebrating each victory on our way to the Super bowl with a fine cigar. I would once again like the ability to share these moments with friends and family.

I am constantly frustrated by the comparisons of cigar smokers to cigarette smokers. First of all, cigars aren't made or marketed to be addictive products. They do not have the additives that cigarettes have and are made from only the finest tobaccos. Cigars are not designed to continue burning unless they are actively being puffed on. Premium cigars are too expensive for our youth to be users of.

Cigars are a lifestyle and a celebration of some of life's most treasured moments, such as the birth of a child. You don't see premium cigar smokers standing out in the rain puffing away because they "need a smoke". Cigars are meant to be a relaxing occasion, often relieving and the stress of a tough day and rejuvenating the mind.

I urge you to vote to pass this legislation if given the opportunity. This will add needed revenue to the state and allow premium cigar smokers the opportunity to gather in a warm place and enjoy a legal product.

Thank you for your time.

Rob Tobeck
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Re: Help Me Enjoy a Premium Cigar!!

Postby TedR » Sun May 08, 2011 3:56 pm

There may still be hope! HB-1683 & SB-5542 are still alive. Call your representatives Monday.

I am enjoying an Illusione Singulare as I type. How about you?
TedR
Pollywog

Postby Salmonhawk » Fri May 20, 2011 3:02 pm

The bill passed the senate and should be voted by the house next week, here is the link to send to your rep.

http://www.leg.wa.gov/pages/home.aspx

Tell them to pass HB 1683.

I will be enjoying a La Gloria Cubana Serie R No 6 with a maduro wrapper after work tonight.

Long Ashes.
SAVE on INSURANCE at www.GriffinMaclean.com

Listen to The Outdoor Line every Saturday from 6-9am on 710 ESPN Seattle.
Call in number is 866-979-3776 or text us at 710710
Salmonhawk
Tuna Tyrant

Postby oliviapitson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:21 pm

When you buy the cigars online, there is no question of limited stock, unavailability of the brand, high prices and taxes. As buying cigars online, gives you the opportunity of enjoying great discounts as they are tax and duty free.

cigars in Phoenix, Arizona
oliviapitson
Pollywog

Return to A Day in the Life